Los Angeles Criminal Law Overview
It takes help from a committed and highly experienced Los Angeles criminal defense lawyer to properly and effectively deal with any criminal charge in SoCal. No one expects to be arrested or charged with a crime, but despite how serious or apparently minor the accusations, the Californian justice system is a scary place to be.
The criminal process of merely dealing with the situation can be difficult. The possible impact on your life is always significant. This will assuredly and quickly become a very stressful time in your life, but you should remember that no case is hopeless and there is no need to go through it alone.
If you or a loved one is charged with a crime near Los Angeles, contact the attorney Aaron Spolin from Spolin Law P.C. at (310) 424-5816 right away to schedule a 100% free and confidential case evaluation with our Los Angeles criminal defense attorney.
California Criminal Defense Overview
When someone is charged with a crime in SoCal, it is completely natural to try and justify your actions, deny the allegations, or try to explain the situation. It can be incredibly frustrating to feel like no one is listening to your point of view, especially if your reputation and freedom are on the line. It is important to keep in mind that the role of the police and prosecutors is to apprehend and convict potential offenders. They will only be interested in gathering evidence and securing a conviction. You are now part of a very large and complex process. Avoiding the criminal justice system may not be an option – you’ll have to navigate through it.
This can seem overwhelming, but every American citizen is afforded certain rights if they are accused of a crime. By having a criminal defense attorney near you, it’s possible to find a path forward by asserting those rights and building the best criminal defense that meets your needs. Depending on the facts and the circumstances involved, your defense strategy can take many forms. Initially, a criminal defense attorney will meet with you, review all the evidence, discuss your available options, and then suggest a course of action that considers your best interests. This can be negotiating for a more appropriate outcome, like a dismissal or reduction of the charges, advocating to exclude any illegally obtained evidence, or fighting for total vindication with a trial.
Whether it means using appropriate procedures to present your case or fighting for you in a courtroom, finding the best possible outcome for every client is the goal of any quality criminal defense lawyer in SoCal. At Spolin Law P.C., we’ve entered this profession because we have a passion for preserving individual rights and are committed to defending these rights at every turn.
How a Los Angeles Criminal Defense Lawyer Can Help
If you’ve been charged with a crime, it is completely normal to have questions. At Spolin Law P.C., we know what you’re going through and with our extensive experience handling virtually every type of criminal case throughout SoCal, we can prepare you for what to expect at each stage and advise you about all your options.
Here is a brief overview of the criminal charges we routinely handle on behalf of clients throughout Los Angeles. However, if you do not immediately see your particular offense, contact us today, so we can properly evaluate your situation:
- Violent Crimes
- Drug Crimes
- Weapon Offenses
- Federal Crimes
- DUI Attorney
- Juvenile Crimes
- Aiding and Abetting
- Civil Rights
In addition to the details of your specific criminal charge, we can answer any questions regarding:
- Expungement – Depending on your circumstances, you may have a chance to expunge an arrest or charge from your permanent record or have your record sealed. This can help you move on with their lives. Los Angeles criminal defense lawyer Attorney Spolin can explain if this is available in your case and help you through the process.
- Criminal Defenses – A successful defense can prevent a criminal conviction with results including a dismissal, amendment of the charges, or a not-guilty verdict. We will review your unique situation and find a strategy that puts you in the best possible position.
- How to Reduce, Pay, Eliminate Bail – Bail is an amount of money used in criminal cases to secure a potential offender’s appearance. A lot of factors influence this amount. A skilled Los Angeles criminal defense lawyer can help you highlight any mitigating factors that can be used to secure an appropriate bail amount and facilitate how it is obtained and paid to the courts.
- Los Angeles Bail Amounts for Felonies –In serious felony cases, the court will take various factors into consideration to determine the necessary amount to release a defendant from custody. These include past criminal history, the nature of the crime, any aggravating factors involved, and their potential danger to the community. By having a skilled attorney, you can highlight any mitigating factors that may influence the bail amount.
- Winning a Penal Code 995 Motion to Dismiss – This is a legal motion seeking to dismiss or withdraw the criminal case against an accused offender. The motion will be presented to a judge for consideration and the details will deal with specific legal statutes, procedural issues, or arguments suggesting a lack of evidence in the case. It takes a knowledgeable and skilled attorney to prepare a motion and determine what factors may result in a successful dismissal.
- Appeals & Writs – Our criminal justice system is not perfect. Innocent people are sometimes convicted. Overturning a wrongful conviction can be a difficult process; but it can be done with help from an experienced criminal justice attorney who is experienced in direct appeals, writs of habeas corpus, and other post-conviction motions.
Reach Out to a Los Angeles Criminal Defense Attorney from Spolin Law P.C. Today
With the consequences of a criminal conviction in SoCal including expensive fines, a permanent mark against your record, or possible time behind bars, you need to take any charge seriously and fiercely defend yourself from the very beginning. At Spolin Law P.C., our Los Angeles criminal defense attorneys know this is a frightening and hectic time in your life and searching for the right attorney can feel like even more stress being added to your shoulders.
With a broad range of criminal defense experience in SoCal, we are here to take on as much of this burden as possible. We offer every client personalized and aggressive legal representation. We are here to provide the guidance you need and the defense you deserve.
If you’re accused or charged with a crime in or around Los Angeles, call one of our criminal defense lawyers in Los Angeles at (310) 424-5816. Schedule a 100% free and confidential consultation today to see how we can help. Spolin Law P.C. is located in West Los Angeles and serves clients in Southern California. Speak with a criminal defense lawyer in Los Angeles today.